International students need to obtain a study permit in order to pursue the education in Canada (except for study programs that are less than 6 months). A student visa is usually issued for applicants from non-visa exempt countries upon application for a study authorization at the visa office outside of Canada. To be eligible to apply for a study permit, a student needs:

1. Letter of Acceptance from an educational institution in Canada

2. Sufficient funds to cover tuition fees and living expenses

3. Be in good health and have no criminal background

4. Satisfy a visa officer that he/she will leave Canada upon expiry of a study permit

Work opportunities for international students:

  • Working on campus
  • Working part-time off campus
  • Post-graduate work permit
  • Co-op and internship programs

Whether you are only at the stage of considering to study in Canada or you are in the middle of your studies, whether you would like your spouse to join you in Canada and be able to work or study here with you, or you may be a recent graduate, contact us for assistance with:

  • Obtaining initial study permit
  • Extension of your stay as a student
  • Change of terms and conditions on your study permit
  • Restoration of status in case your study permit expired
  • Work or study authorization for your spouse or common-law partner
  • Post-graduate work permit
  • Applying for permanent residence
Share this page:

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.