Proofreading of applications, review of forms and supporting documents, correction of errors in self-prepared applications or profiles.
It is a personal choice whether to obtain legal representation, consult with a lawyer or hire an authorized consultant, but there are some general factors to consider: capacity to fill out the numerous government forms and prepare documentation, the complexity of a case, availability of time and resources.
In our practice we often meet with clients who may be comfortable dealing with official documentation, adept in completing forms, detail-oriented individuals with certain legal research skills, who are capable to prepare the immigration application on their own but, for extra security, wish to have a trained professional check everything over before the application is sent to ensure that the process was followed correctly.
As an alternative to full immigration representation (which includes: evaluation of options, assistance with preparation of documents, completion of forms, filing the application, monitoring the status, responding to officer’s requests, communication with a processing office, submission of additional documents, interview preparation), Immigration Counsels of Canada (ICC) offer proofreading services and detailed review of application packages. Such services include:
- ensuring that the right and up-to-date immigration forms are used eliminating the possibility for the application to be returned to the applicant
- review of forms and supporting documents
- providing suggestions what supporting documents should be submitted with the application
- checking the application or online profile for errors and omissions that might lead to the application being delayed or refused
- giving advice on necessary corrections to strengthen the application
Clients with the application currently in process may benefit from the following services:
- obtaining complete notes of the processing officer to find out the status of the application or the reason for the processing delay
- correction of information on file
- updating the application to reflect changes in personal circumstances
- adding a family member
- responding to the officer’s requests
- interview preparation
If you are preparing a new profile or application, or you have an existing application you need assistance with, contact us to maximize your chances for success. Our flat hourly fee to review a self-prepared application or profile is $300 CAD (length of such consultation depends on the completeness of a client’s file. For most cases, a one-hour consultation is sufficient).