Federal Skilled Trades Program is for people who have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or equivalent in part-time experience) in a skilled trade during the last 5 years. To be eligible to apply under this program, the applicant must have a Job Offer from a Canadian employer for the period of at least 1 year or have a certificate of qualification in the trade issued by the certain Canadian provincial or territorial body. In addition, language requirements and all job requirements for the trade position specified in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) should be met.
Federal Skilled Worker Program is a point-based type of immigration available to applicants who can become economically established in Canada on the basis of their age, education, work experience, language ability, previous work or study in Canada, relatives and arranged employment in Canada. The following applicants are eligible to apply:
- during the last 10 years, have at least 1 year of continuous paid work experience in any skilled occupation (NOC level 0, A, B)
- have language ability meeting the minimum threshold under the program
- have a Canadian educational credential or Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for their foreign education
- score min 67 points based on six selection factors
- have sufficient settlement funds (unless are holders of a valid work permit or arranged employment)
- are not inadmissible to Canada
Note: Qualified applicants can no longer submit their permanent residency application directly to these programs. Instead, applicants have to go through the Express Entry (EE) system by creating a profile and entering the pool of prospective immigrants. Meeting above eligibility requirements does not allow submission of PR Application, unless the Invitation to Apply (ITA) is received from the CIC. Visit our webpage “Express Entry” or contact us directly for information on the application process under the FSTP or FSWP.