Other Services

Replacement of Immigration Document

Replacement of TR Status Document

We provide assistance with a replacement of the following temporary resident status documents:


  • Visitor Record
  • Study Permit
  • Work Permit
  • Temporary Resident Permit

If you have lost your status document that is still valid, an application for replacement of such document can be made to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and a new copy of the document may be issued by the Department.


Those applicants who lost their primary immigration document, such as Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence, should pursue an Application for a Verification of Status (VOS) instead. The actual immigration document will not be issued, but an official document that will list information about your immigration history will be provided.


We also assist clients to amend their valid temporary resident documents if there were errors or clerical mistakes made by Canadian immigration officials in recording the information on such documents. Please note that the request to amend a name on a visitor record, study permit, work permit and temporary resident permit can only be made to match the name as stated on your current passport.


The following documents may be amended if they are still valid:


  • Visitor Record
  • Study Permit
  • Work Permit
  • Permit to Come into or to Remain in Canada
  • Temporary Resident Permit

If you change your employer or occupation in Canada, you cannot amend your current work permit with the information about the new employment. Instead, would need to apply for a new work permit.


Our counsels may request a replacement of your immigration document to be processed on an urgent basis if:

  • You are at risk of losing employment if you do not have your immigration status document;
  • You are unable to receive urgent services from other government departments due to the error on your status document (e.g., obtaining a Social Insurance Number (SIN) from Service Canada, being eligible for medical health services etc.);
  • Your application was seriously delayed because of an error made by the Canadian Immigration Department.
Share this page

Do You Need Immigration Help?

Contact us for professional assessment, review of eligibility and immigration advice. Our staff is here to help you resolve your immigration matters, provide assistance and answer your questions. We are committed to providing service excellence to our valued clients.

Give Us A Call


Email Us At