If you wish to come to Canada for a visit and you are from a non-visa exempt country, you need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) at the Canadian visa office in order to be able to enter Canada.

Usually, a person is allowed to stay in Canada for 6 months as a visitor (applies to visa exempt and non-visa exempt visitors). Visitors can not work or study without a proper authorization (except for the short-term study courses). Once the authorized period of stay is about to expire, it is possible to apply for extension of status as a visitor inside Canada. There are cases when people that come to Canada as visitors find job opportunities or they want to study. In situations like these, foreign nationals need to be counseled in regards to the procedure of change of status.

Requirement for visitors:

  • have a valid travel document (passport),
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties to your home country (such as a job, property and family),
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit,
  • have sufficient funds for your stay (the amount of funds depends on the length of a visit),
  • a letter of invitation from friends or relatives in Canada may be required,
  • be in good health

Parent and Grandparent Super Visa

Parents and grandparents of Canadian Citizens are eligible to apply for a visa with the total validity of 10 years, which allows them to stay with their family members in Canada for up to 2 years at a time before renewal of status.

Contact us for assistance with:

  • Obtaining initial Temporary Resident Visa
  • Extension of status
  • Restoration of status
  • Change of status
  • Parent and Grandparent Super Visa
Share this page:

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.