Other Services

Verification of Status

Application for Verification of Status (VOS)

There are situations when clients no longer have their previously issued immigration documents but require a copy of them for various purposes (e.g., if they need to prove their status in Canada when applying for Canadian pension or in cases when the exact date and place of entry to Canada needs to be established etc.). Our professionals assist with obtaining a Verification of Status (VOS) document from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the following immigration documents:


  • Immigrant Visa and Record of Landing
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence
  • Visitor Record
  • Study Permit
  • Work Permit
  • Departure Order
  • Exclusion Order
  • Deportation Order
  • Certificate of Departure
  • Temporary Resident Permit
  • Protected Persons
  • Authorization to Return to Canada

The Verification of Status document cannot be used as a travel document instead of the permanent Resident Card (PR Card).


Our counsels may request your application for VOS to be processed on an urgent basis if:


  • You are applying for pension and you were issued a letter from Service Canada to provide proof of your immigration status;
  • You need to urgently travel outside of Canada because of a death or serious illness of a family member and require proof of your immigration information to obtain a travel document;
  • You are at risk of losing employment if you do not have proof of your immigration status.

We also provide services for correction of the information contained in the Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence if there were errors or clerical mistakes made by Canadian immigration officials in recording the information you provided in your application for permanent residence. Please note that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence cannot be amended to state your new married name after immigration to Canada.


Contact our office if you need assistance with verification of your status in Canada or you need to amend your Record of Landing and our counsels will explain you the process and application requirements.

Share this page

Do You Need Immigration Help?

Contact us for professional assessment, review of eligibility and immigration advice. Our staff is here to help you resolve your immigration matters, provide assistance and answer your questions. We are committed to providing service excellence to our valued clients.

Give Us A Call


Email Us At